Saturday, July 5, 2008

Selling Toilets At Recreational Vehicle Service Centers

Writen by Lance Winslow

The other day I took my RV into a local service center here in Virginia to see if they had a suitable toilet. Yep, I needed a new crapper. It may be crap to me, but to this RV service and parts center, well it is their bread and butter.

In fact they sell tons of components and replacement parts for RVs. Why? Well because most motor homes are built with a sheer profit motivation that is above and beyond the norm. In other words they put in the cheapest components available by law? Including this broken toilet.

Now you may think selling toilets is a crappy job, but let me tell you how impressed I was with this recreational vehicle parts sale man. Boy he sure knew his sheet. He knew every thing there was to know about toilets and even made a few jokes about it; well we both did, as here are two men discussing the best toilet to buy for the price and value? Yes that is how I spent my afternoon, just talking sheet.

Well he was such a great wealth of knowledge, friendly and a problem solver that I went to get my squawk sheet. That is a note pad I keep with all the things I want to fix on my motor home. He had an answer for all but one of them and $2500 later, well let's just say I am as good as new.

What turned out to be a crappy sale turned into a good commission day for him of $375.00; yes I found out later he got 15% and he deserved it. I wonder how much else he sold that day. Moral of the story? There are no crappy sales jobs, so consider this in 2006.

"Lance Winslow" - Online Think Tank forum board. If you have innovative thoughts and unique perspectives, come think with Lance; http://www.WorldThinkTank.net/wttbbs/

No comments: