Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Everyone Wants What You Are Selling They Just Do Not Know It Yet

Writen by Lance Winslow

One of the best salesmen I ever met and no he would not come to work for me when I tried to hire him away to work for the Franchising Company I founded; had a saying. He told me of all his successful sales, which I had kind of figured since we had just made a rather large purchase from him. His saying was that; "Everyone Wants What You Are Selling They Just Do Not Know It Yet!" I thought that was funny and a really good attitude for a salesmen and then we discussed this concept in more depth.

You see when he first came in; I told him I was not interested and explained how we did things. He said; "Well yes that is a unique way of doing things and I am certain we can modify this to help you do it your way even better" and then we got into a the modification process and all the needs and objections to the thing and sure enough the salesman/problem solver proved himself right?

You know what? I really did want what he was selling and I really did not know it yet. But after the sales process was over and we took delivery it was truly one of the best things that our company ever did. The modified units helped our company become more efficient and gave our franchisees the edge over the competition. So perhaps you might consider all this and become a problem solver and not just a sales person and consider that; Everyone Wants What You Are Selling They Just Do Not Know It Yet! Think on this in 2006.

Lance Winslow

No comments: